Sunday, March 7, 2010

1940 Autograph book-Miss Shirley Jewell Finch-Part 2

Jan 4, 1944

Dearest Shirley,
I cannot wish you more than this
I would not wish you less.
That all your life be filled with love
And crowned with happiness.

Lovingly,
Your Mother, Nina L. Finch
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rantoul, Kansas
Apr 27 1943

Dear Shirley,
Love many,
Trust few
But always paddle
Your own canoe.

Your friend,
Wanda Lee Williams

Remember the note that Mildred got fromJunior.
Shame on you for writing that on the board.

Forget-me-not
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Jan 5, 1944
Rantoul, Kansas

When you get married
and live across the river
I'll butcher a mouse
And send you the liver.

Your classmate,
Betty Redick

(written upside down on corner of the bottom of the page)-Ha Ha made you turn this around
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Rantoul, Kansas
Sept 15 1943

Dear Shirley,
Remember and bear in mind
a true friend is hard to find
when you find one tried and true
change not the old one for the new.

Your teacher,
Mrs. Esther Gilbert
------------------------------------
Dear Shirley,
Sometimes I'm naughty,
sometimes I'm nice
but just to be naughty
I'll sign my name twice.

Vada Wamble
Vada Wamble

Yours til bobby pins get sea sick
riding one permanent wave.
-------------------------------------------------------
Dear Lovely Shirley,
Sometimes I'm bad
Sometimes I'm nice,
but just to be bad
I'll sign my name twice.

your school mate,

Roberta Barnes
Roberta Barnes

10 years old Sept 7 is my birthday

(Written upside down)
Shirley and Lonny
in a hammock
trying to kiss
when all at once it went like this.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Dear Shirley
You have been a lovely girl to know and a very good student to have in class. Best wishes always! Your math teacher,
Helen Harrington

No comments: