Sunday, April 13, 2008

Amos Storer letter to Eugene Hamilton Storer

Amos R. Storer,
Fine Havana and Domestic Cigars
280 Devonshire Street
Boston, Mass.
Oct. 25 1910

My Dear Son Eugene,
As you will probably get this by the ? ______
I wish you many happy returns of the day. Your mother got home last night and goes off with Roscoe on a two week automobile trip. He goes on business for his firm and they pay all his expenses. I think she will have the time of her life. And as she has had so few in her life I feel very much pleased that she has this opportunity. She had a nice time with her people. How is Harry? I never hear from him anymore. Only by way of you when you think to speak about it.
In regard to myself, one word and I wish you would not speak of it in any of your letters home. I am going out of business. I cannot make a living where I am going to liquidate while I can see my way clear to pay all my bills-I shall not have very much left but it is better to stop now than try to go on. ? ? Harry and yourself.
Your affectionate father,
A.R. Storer

No comments: