Monday, July 11, 2011

From Joseph Fawcett to Lyle Fawcett

Lyle B Fawcett
Strasburg
Shenandoah
Va






Harrisonburg 16 March 1821
Dear Son,
enclosed I send you 4 notes in Blank for your uncle Isaacs note in Bank, and two for my self, which I want you to present to Col Spengler and get him to endorse them. Be shure [sic] to not neglect this before you come away. I only want his own name on my notes, but on your uncles I want him to get some person to join with him. Mr Sites endorsed with me in place of Ragin & he must get one
Tell Mr Tillett that I have handed his paper to Doct. Harrison who will hold a meeting with some of the principal subscribers to ascertain what can be done, the result I will make known to him so soon as I can – Mr. Fletcher has intimated to me that he would have no objection to join him, it is not impossible but that if they formed such a connection that they would do a good business. Of this however Mr Tillett may reflect and say how he would like it, you can inform him what sort of a man Mr. Fletcher is
enclosed are $20 to pay boarding and Tuition
Joseph Fawcett

No comments: