Sunday, February 28, 2010

Letter to Eugene H. Storer from Charles Adams-Vice president of the Coleville loan and trust company

The Coleville Loan and Trust Company
Capital $25,000 February 20, 1911
Coleville, Washington

Mr. Eugene H. Storer,
Aladin, Wash.
My dear Mr. Storer;
I am in reciept of your letter of the 19th inst and am heartily in sympathy with the enterprise shown by the Aladdin people in the building of a hall and can fully realize the importance from a social standpoint, for in a community of that kind it is absolutelynecessary that something of this nature be provided where public meetings may be held and I presume nothing tends more towards the development of a section than pleasant social intercourse among it's inhabitants.
If it were possible for you to come to Coleville I really feel it would be the best thing to do for I am satisfied that you could sell quite a few tickets if you were here in person. For myself, I want to say that I will be glad to subscribe and if you will send me one I will make remittance. It may be impossible for me to attend, in fact I rather presume that it will, but I assure you I would enjoy the trip and meeting you people personally very much indeed.
As of course you are aware, the boys around the Court House are touched pretty often in matters of this kind, yet the majority of them are rather liberally inclined and I feel satisfied would be glad to remember the Aladdin people in some manner such as you suggest.
Regarding the last matter of which you made mention I very much appreciate your suggestion. I have met the gentleman once but only for a moment, however, I believe he and Mr. Seal are quite friends and I hope that we may be able to number him among our customers in the not distant future. I personally wish to thank you for the interst manifested.
With kindest regards and best wishes, I am,
Yours very truly,
(signature) Charles Adams
C.A. Vice President

No comments: